Open Rowing Monday & Wednesday Eves (until light fades) & Saturday Mornings - Experienced Rowers Only
FCRC Learn to Row graduates or experienced FCRC members can join our open rowing sessions currently being held on Monday, Wednesdays at 6pm (until the light fades) and Saturdays starting at 7:45am. This is an open row, supervised by a coach whose primary responsibility is safety for the rowers.
If you are not a False Creek member, but are an experienced rower capable of rowing a single on his/her own, we do allow for 2 Free Rows in order to "test" us out although registration with RCA/Rowing BC to allow for insurance is required. Please direct questions to questions at falsecreekrowingclub.ca
We hope to see you out on the water!
Rowing Lessons on False Creek
Group rowing lessons are complete for the season. Lessons are held from May until July. At this time our lessons have been sold out to those who contacted us over the winter and spring.
Classes will be held:
- May 2018: starting Tuesday May 1st on Tuesdays and Thursdays until Thursday May 24th. 6 pm
- June 2018: starting Tuesday June 5th on Tuesdays and Thursdays until Thursday June 28th. 6 pm
- July 2018: starting Tuesday July 3rd on Tuesdays and Thursdays until Thursday July 26th. 6 pm.
- We have had some interest in August lessons, but we are not in a position to offer more lessons at this time and ask that you please contact questions at falsecreekrowingclub.ca for details and availability of private lessons.
Here are some basic details of our beginner lesson program:
- Learn to Row lessons are designed for those who have never rowed before, or someone who has done a little bit of rowing and wants a refresh and to improve upon their very basic rowing skills.
- Learn to Row classes occur twice a week for 4 weeks in the evenings starting at 6:00pm (sharp) - 8:00pm from our Vanier Park location.
- Our first series of lessons will be offered in May each year. We ask that you are availablel for all the lessons as the group learning process is cumulative. Of course we do understand there can be emergencies and related absences, but overall please plan to attend all lessons in your session.
- The cost for 2018 is $289 payable in advance. This fee will be reviewed for 2018 lessons. This includes necessary membership in RowingBC ($10) and Rowing Canada Aviron ($20) that expires at the end of March next year.
- A paid entry reserves you for your class.
- If you have any questions regarding the Learn to Row program please email questions at falsecreekrowingclub.ca.
We can provide one-to-one private lessons with a contracted coach who can tailor a schedule specifically with you outside of our existing regular participant and member program time slots. If you are interested in private lessons, please send an email to questions at falsecreekrowingclub.ca. Our private lessons are guided by this agreement between you and your coach.
False Creek Rowing Club does not presently offer specific rowing programs designed for youth (under 18 years) at this time. Some good places to go that have strong youth rowing programs (in alphabetical order):