Open Rowing Monday & Wednesday Eves (until light fades) & Saturday Mornings - Experienced Rowers Only
FCRC Learn to Row graduates or experienced FCRC members can join our open rowing sessions currently being held on Monday, Wednesdays at 6pm (until the light fades) and Saturdays starting at 7:45am. This is an open row, supervised by a coach who's primary responsibility is safety for the rowers. Rowers can go out in a single, double or quad. We have a varied array of learn to row sculls including an Edon single with pontoons and a Pocock midweight single/pontoon capable. We also have 4 club racing singles and 2 openweight racing doubles to choose from. Bigger boats (4x, 4+ or 8+) will be at the discretion of the supervising coach.
If you are not a False Creek member, but are an experienced rower capable of rowing a single on his/her own, we do allow for 3 Free Rows in order to "test" us out. Signature on a waiver and registration with RCA/Rowing BC to allow for insurance is required. Please click here with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you out on the water!
Rowing Lessons on False Creek
Group rowing lessons are complete for the season. Lessons will resume in May, 2018. Please check back for confirmed dates and details closer to this date.
Here are some basic details of our beginner lesson program:
- Learn to Row lessons are designed for those who have never rowed before, or someone who has done a little bit of rowing and wants a refresh and to improve upon their very basic rowing skills.
- Learn to Row classes occur twice a week for 4 weeks in the evenings starting at 6:00pm (sharp) - 8:00pm from our Vanier Park location.
- Our first series of lessons will be offered in May each year. We ask that you are availablel for all the lessons as the group learning process is cumulative. Of course we do understand there can be emergencies and related absences, but overall please plan to attend all lessons in your session.
- The 2017 cost was $260 payable in advance. This fee will be reviewed for 2018 lessons. This includes necessary fees towards RowingBC and Rowing Canada Aviron.
- A paid entry reserves you for your class.
- If you have any questions regarding the Learn to Row program please email email@example.com
We can provide one-to-one private lessons with a contracted coach. If you are interested in private lessons, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
False Creek Rowing Club is unable to accommodate rowing programs designed for youth (under 18 years) at this time. Some good places to go that have strong youth rowing programs (in alphabetical order):
Delta Deas Rowing Club at Deas Island Park in Delta, BC
Thunderbird Community Rowing in Richmond at the John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse
Vancouver Rowing Club in Stanley Park, Downtown Vancouver