Come Join the Fun!
False Creek Rowing Club's Annual Head Up The Creek Regatta
Sunday March 5th, 2017
- 7:45 am Bow Person and Cox meeting at the top of the ramp by the map
- 8:00 Umpires Meeting with Regatta Chair
- 8:15 Launch for first flight para-rowers opens
- 8:30 Launch for first flight opens
- 8:45 Beach Closes for para-rowers
- 9:00 Beach Closes
- 9:30 First Flight begins
- 10:25 First Flight completes
- 10:30 Launch for second flight opens
- 11:00 Beach Closes
- 11:30 Second Flight begins
- 12:10 Second Flight completes
- 1:00 pm Prizegiving
Be the City of Vancouver Rowing Champion!
- Only at False Creek Rowing Club's HEAD UP THE CREEK REGATTA can you be the City of Vancouver Rowing Champion!
- This is the crew with the highest efficiency ratio (predicted time divided by their actual time as determined by the tables below).
- Winners are awarded City of Vancouver Rowing Championship pub glasses, their names added to the perpetual trophy and of course, a cake.
2016 Winners: Vancouver Rowing club Men's 4X; John Metras, Dimas Craveiro, Larry Crowley and Mathias Uhlenbruck with Vancouver Park Board Commissioner Sarah Kirby-Yung.
Predicted times (Eights | Fours | Quads | Doubles | Singles) were updated for 2016 and are based on the Head Of The Charles results for comparable boat types accounting for age, gender, boat type and novice-ness. Please understand that this ratio, like a fine wine, will improve with time and training. By entering the regatta, you agree that the ratio is fair and equitable and may not submit appeals or objections based on it or its calculations.
Directions getting to the regatta:
Wondering how to drive your trailer here: after turning west onto Cornwall from Burrard, turn north onto Chestnut, Cypress or Arbutus. Don't miss them or you are going to be in a hard spot trying to negotiate the left turn at Macdonald.
YouTube videos showing the route from Burrard Street to the launch point are here:
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Cypress to Greer to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.
Overnight Security Changes:
Due to lack of demand and increased cost this past year, we will not be providing overnight security unless out of town teams request it before February 1st.
Tide information is here. http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/locations/1873.html?y=2017&m=3&d=5 .
Thank you to those of you who came to row in 2016, and those of you who were able to volunteer. We also appreciate the many organizations who were able to help us put on the regatta last year:
- Burrard Lions Club, their friends and families for the food services
- Jericho Sailing Centre Association Rescue, Kitsilano Yacht Club, Vancouver College rowing program, and the Royal Canadian Marine Search And Rescue for safety boats
- St John Ambulance Medical First Response
- Kitsilano Coast Guard Station for access to their docks
- Safeway Canada for their prizes
- Rowing BC's Umpires
- Bard on the Beach for access to their electrical kiosk
- 2014 Head Up The Creek – Results final
- Results 2014 03 09
- Results 2013 03 10
- Results 2012 03 18
- Results 2011 03 13