Head Up The Creek Regatta – Sunday March 9th, 2014…
Thank you to the following people and groups for helping put on our event: without their cooperation, none of it would have been possible:
- Jericho Sailing Centre Association – Jericho Rescue: safety boats with crews and setting and retrieving racing marks
- Kitsilano Yacht Club: Peter and Steve for rescue boats, the start boat and setting racing marks.
- Vancouver College Rowing Program (especially Dereck): for 3 safety boats, several boat drivers and crew and advice continuing advice about False Creek.
- Rowing BC’s Umpires and Associate Umpires: for helping keep up safe and fair.
- Peter M and Maksim for running safety boats.
- Kate, Ben, Peter L, Tom, Kuhan for timing and results.
- Rebecca and Leanne for bringing the boat they are going to row to Hawaii.
- Barbara and Jennifer B for taking care of the registration area.
- Helen for her awesome photos.
- Alexandra of Row2K.com: for the photos to grace their pages.
- The volunteers of St John Ambulance for helping supply first response services.
- Yolk’s Mobile Breakfasts for their yummy food.
- Per at the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation for the alternative to the washrooms undergoing renovations.
- Dave at the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation for the help with the parking business.
- Roberto, Dave E. and David D. for checking your shoes and bow balls at Control.
- Jennifer F for keeping track of VIP’s and assorted odd duties.
- Doug Vandor, RBC Olympian for giving us bigger goals.
- And Jessica for the advice and effort over the past several months as this has been rolling along toward the big day.
To all of them, and all who rowed with us for our event, thank you for being able to make this event bigger each year. It certainly makes it worthwhile if you think it is worth coming to.
Please join us next year for version 5.0 of the regatta: Sunday March 8th (date pending), 2015: roughly same time, same place: and hopefully with the same weather!
The only rowing regatta in the City of Vancouver open to all clubs! We look forward to having you watch and be in the racing.
Our regatta is held the day after the Head Of The Fort hosted by the University of the Fraser Valley in Fort Langley, BC.
The regatta package is located at the following link: Head Up The Creek Regatta Package 2014 ver 20140125. Please note the slight change in the race meeting time.
Entries are here: Head Up The Creek 2014 Entries which is of course, legal size…
- 7:45 Bow Person and Cox meeting at the top of the ramp by the map
- 8:00 Umpires Meeting with Regatta Chair
- 8:30 Launch for first flight opens
- 9:00 Beach Closes
- 9:30 First Flight begins
- 10:25 First Flight completes
- 10:30 Launch for second flight opens
- 11:00 Beach Closes
- 11:30 Second Flight begins
- 12:10 Second Flight completes
- 1:00 Prizegiving
Please see Regatta Central for other details and registration
Course Map – Head Up The Creek
Contact Information & Details:
All attendees will also receive a $2 coupon good towards the purchase of a single food item (drinks not included) from Yolk’s Breakfast food cart.
This year’s pricing is unchanged from last year: $3 for non-rowing coxes, $25 for rowers – both are inclusive of the $3 per person Rowing BC competition fee.
REGISTRATION IS THROUGH REGATTA CENTRAL FOR 2014 and opens February 1st.